How to prevent your dream vacation from turning into a nightmare abroad? The following advice will help you with all aspects of your trip!
- Make sure you leave extra valuables at home. With a lot of different activities in unfamiliar surroundings, losing things is very common on vacation. Even worse, you could be the victim of a theft.
- If you have children traveling with you, make sure you have a current, color photo of them with you, in the event they become lost. Losing your child is a scary situation. It can, however, still happen. When you have a photo of the child with you, it can make a big difference in finding them fast if they become lost.
- Prior to making any reservations, do your homework. Look at different websites with reviews about the place you want to travel to. Ask your friends or family if they have traveled there before. Doing some research will make you more aware of what can be expected, and will also help you decide what activities to do once you are there.
- Bring along a door stopper to the hotel. Particularly when you travel to third world countries, it is a good idea to have extra security in your accommodations. If you cannot access a deadbolt for the door, wedge a doorstop under it instead.
- Keep your most important information and items close to you at all times. If you are carrying a purse, be sure to have it tucked neatly under your arm. Avoid storing important things into the outside compartments, even if they are zippered. Thieves may access it in a crowd without you realizing it. You may also try sewing Velcro into the compartments or even your pockets. The loud ripping noise that it makes is quite a deterrent and thieves will usually move onto an easier target. You should keep these things in mind when trying to find a travel bag that will be reliable for you.
- Give the travel itinerary of your trip to a relative. Thus, there is always someone who knows where you are supposed to be. In addition, regularly call, text or email that family member so they know everything is okay with you. If they are aware of your location and you contact them regularly, no one will need to worry.
- If you are traveler with a motorcycle license, this can be a great way to travel on long road trips. The quick movements, efficient gas use and overall enjoyment will give the trip a great start. Using a motorcycle for trips can be lots of fun.
- For most people, staying at a fancy hotel is not an option. If you are uncomfortable with where you are staying, bring a rubber doorstop. You can put this under the door so no one comes in. Intruders won’t just have to break the lock and chain, they will have to get past rubber firmly wedged beneath the door.
As you begin planning for your next trip, remember all you have read here. By using the advice you’ve just read, your trip is sure to be a smooth and more enjoyable one, every step of the way!